Friday, September 5, 2008

Looking Back - Monday at the Convention Part 1






I am going back and trying to fill in what I can remember. The Convention seems so very long ago already…


Studio 08 had four photographers and you can see a selection of ALL of our photos at the Studio 08 photo website: http://flickr.com/photos/studio08denver. My photos have either "APP" or "ALP" in the filename.


Monday was my first day “on the job.” I was part of the “Online Team” of Studio 08 and we had a very enthusiastic and easygoing group. I found out that, although I had a floor pass, it did not mean it was easy to find a good spot to take photos. The delegates didn’t like it when photographers stood in front of them (especially the ones from Florida in the front row) and the staff didn’t want you to stand in the aisles. It was tricky to find a good position, but it was just so amazing to be there right in the middle of things and then go back to the studio and watch ourselves on CNN.


My head was spinning as I was surrounded by politicians and media folks whom I recognized (or should have recognized - I often needed a little prompt from my colleague, La-Verna.)


Here are some of my favorite pics from Monday night:

Photo 1: The interior of the Pepsi Center – with flags

Photo 2: Ray Suarez and Gwen Ifill from NPR

Photo 3: Donna Brazile punditing on CNN

Photo 4: VP nominee Joe Biden

Photo 5: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi

No comments:

Post a Comment