Friday, September 5, 2008

Looking Back - Thursday at the Convention Part 1






Another early day. This time we only hung out at Studio 08 for a short time before La-Verna and I got to go to the Convention Center to attend the Women’s Caucus and photograph Michelle Obama – up close!

I was a little late getting back to Studio 08, so I missed walking over to Invesco field with the rest of the Online Team. Instead, I waited around for the directors so I could walk over with them, but they weren’t walking. Nope! They had an SUV with a Secret Service pass on it, so we drove over and skipped the 3.5 hour wait in line. Yay! I then hung out in the air-conditioned press box and took my photos from there. I tried to go on the floor, but they wouldn’t let me stand near the delegates. The only place they would let me stand was behind the press riser, so I really couldn’t see much from down there. One of the other photographers, Hemen, got in very early and snuck onto the press riser and got great shots! The only problem was – once he got in, he couldn’t leave. He had to stay put for 7 hours. True dedication!

I thought Obama’s speech was fabulous! It was a bit tougher than I thought it would be, but I understood why he felt he had to go that direction. No tears this time, but again, I felt I was right in the middle of history being made and I was reluctant to leave.


Photo 1: Michelle Obama at the Women’s Caucus

Photo 2: Kids for Obama

Photo 3: The line waiting to get into Invesco Field

Photo 4: Cheryl Crow

Photo 5: Stevie Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment