Friday, September 5, 2008

Looking Back - Tuesday at the Convention Part 2






Even though my shift was over at 4:30pm, I wanted to stay and see Hillary’s speech (which didn’t start until 9pm). It was a long day! I managed to find a pretty good spot right by the North Dakota delegation and just before Hillary began to speak, a Japanese news crew jumped in front of me and almost completely blocked my view. I managed to shoot around them, though.


I was standing around waiting for Hillary when Spike Lee walked by. I got to see him several other times during the rest of the week. I think he misses being really famous. He seemed vaguely annoyed when people wanted to take photos with him, but then he was out and about where people could photograph him quite often. At one point, he chose a table at the CNN grill that was right by the sidewalk even though there were plenty of other tables where folks couldn’t access him quite so easily...

I thought Hillary did a great job with her speech! The part about Harriett Tubman and the Underground Railroad really got me choked up.


Photo 6: Governor Bill Richardson

Photo 7: Sam Donaldson

Photo 8: Rep. Rahm Emanuel

Photo 9: Former President Jimmy Carter with Michelle Obama and Joe Biden

Photo 10: Sen. Hillary Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment