Friday, September 5, 2008

Looking Back - Tuesday at the Convention Part 1






I had the early shift from 7am – 4:30pm, which means I was around when the Daily Show Reporters were running around shooting their comedy skits. I got lots of photos of John Oliver with a sign that said “Healing Center” on it. I’m not entirely sure what the point of the bit was as I have not yet watched it online. It was very amusing when the Daily Show guys caught sight of James Carville and literally chased him down. Unfortunately for them, he was faster.

La-Verna and I went over to Union Station for a press conference on energy and transportation with lots and lots of congressional representatives. Some McCain protesters showed up and disrupted the proceedings by shouting “Drill here! Drill now!” Did they mean in Downtown Denver? I avoided taking photos of them because I didn’t want them to think they were getting media attention (walking around with two cameras at the Convention meant I was often confused for press). But I had to take this photo of one of the protesters because this guy was just too “cool.”


Photo 1: Me on the floor of the convention

Photo 2: John Oliver of the Daily Show

Photo 3: James Carville – before he got chased down by Daily Show Reporters

Photo 4: Energy press conference

Photo 5: John McCain supporter who chanted “Drill here! Drill now!”

1 comment:

  1. Link for the healing center bit.

    http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=179256&title=Healing-Clinton-Supporters

    ReplyDelete