Saturday, August 23, 2008






What a day! I have arrived safely in Denver. Kari Chisholm of www.blueoregon.com was on my flight with his wife Carrie and adorable baby Jake and so were Willie Smith from Congressman Blumenauer's office and his wife Beth Smith from the Democratic Party of Oregon. We also had a Christian rock band on our flight - they had lots of bible quotes tattooed all over themselves.

Before we got on the plane, Willie told everyone that the only celeb he wanted to see while in Denver was Anderson Cooper of CNN. Well, guess who we saw waiting at the next carousel in baggage claim after we landed?! And then just a few hours later, I saw him again, only this time he was all duded up in a suit and sitting in the convention hall broadcasting for CNN. (see photo 4). When I got back to the hotel, I watched CNN and saw myself in the background! Well, actually, I really only saw my camera flash. There was a big group around me.

I have met some very nice people. Sharon helped me figure out how to get downtown on the train. Corey is helping us figure out what to do and when. La Verna and I had dinner together. The rest of my "online team" at Studio 08 seem like they are going to be fun. We are all so happy to be here. We really feel like we are witnessing history!

Photo 1 is the PR volunteer orientation. It was HUGE!
Photo 2 is the online team in our "office" at Studio '08 in the lobby of the Pepsi Center - right by the main entrance. There are TV and radio setups in this space and I expect that lots of famous folks will be passing through...
Photo 3 is the convention floor as they finish setting up
Photo 4 is the CNN team including Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer broadcasting from the (currently empty) convention floor
Photo 5 is the outside of the Pepsi Center

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I will be watching the coverage tonight and looking for you in the crowds of photographers!

    ReplyDelete