Sunday, August 24, 2008

My First Convention Parties






After Cindie and Dominick dropped me off at the hotel, the whirlwind began. I think every active Democrat from Oregon is here in Denver and I think I bumped into each and every one of them throughout the evening! My roomie, Jane, gave me a head's up on extra tickets to a New Orleans celebration dinner at the Convention Center, so I ran up to the room, did a quick change and jumped on the shuttle bus to downtown. It was a HUGE party! Howard Dean spoke for a few minutes and then a great New Orleans band played. They fed us and there was even an open bar. (For a moment there, I thought I was at the Republican convention with all the free goodies!) I then caught a bus back to the hotel and went to the Tri-State party on the top floor. It was packed full of Oregonians, Washingtonians and Arizonians (or whatever they call themselves)! I tried to go to bed early, but my roomies (Tess stayed with us for the night) and I stayed up a bit late talking politics in our pj's.

Photo 1: The blue bear looking into the Convention Center
Phtoo 2: Howard Dean welcomes everyone to the Convention
Photo 3: The band from New Orleans
Photo 4: Obama Beer (it was good, but a tad too hoppy for my taste)
Photo 5: Sue and Beth (great job at setting up the Tri-State party, Beth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment